Our Case Studies
We have worked on many projects throughout the years with our partner company Austen Fabrication Ltd. Take a look at some of our clients below:
Giffords Circus - 600 Bench Style Seats
We were contacted by Giffords Circus in 2017 to design and manufacture a bench style system to mimic their existing but old system.
- A fully aluminium A Frame under structure.
- Semicircle benches with backrests. Simplistic, rustic, old school circus seating. But with all the benefits of up to date loading calculations and health and safety concerns.
- Double width rear walkway to allow movement of patrons with minimal disruption to audience viewing.
- All barriers to be blacked out powder coated to blend with show scenery.
The design would also incorporate a front walkway barrier for safety for a show which brings the public even closer to the action of the circus ring.
Gerry Cottle - Wookey Hole and The Magic Circus
Wookey Hole - 399 Tip-up Seats
Having been at the time recently acquired by long term friend Gerry Cottle, Wookey Hole was to have a new “Theatre in the Mill” and any theatre requires a seating system.
- Aluminium A Frame & Tie-Bar under structure.
- Trippel seat frame, straight block seating.
- Antique powder coat finish to all steel work seat frames/barriers.
Zippos Circus Winter Wonderland - 1400 seats
In 2015 we were asked by Zippos Circus to extend on a seating system that we had supplied a couple of years earlier. This was to maximise public seating at the all new Winter Wonderland show in Hyde park.
For this we had to design a new aluminium H Frame under structure to allow for the positioning of sales kiosks under the seating, but still conforming to all the loading regulations required by law and the strict safety inspections of Westminster Council.
In all the seating was extend by 400 seats filling the newly available space in Zippos newly acquired Mega Dome tent.
The Magic Circus - 850 Tip-up Seats
2017 saw the start of a brand new touring show for the UK. “Gerry Cottle’s Magic Circus”. We were tasked to come up with a seating design that would fill the Big Top with seats.
- Aluminium A Frame strut under structure.
- Mid-Stand access gangway.
- Disabled wheelchair viewing points.
This was the first manufacture of our now standard mid-stand access gangway. Separating the rear seating from the ringside seating without the need for the audience to ever set foot from the grandstand.
Although technically not a client, in terms of purchasing seating, Entourage have been part of the production team that have recommended us to their clients that require seating. We’ve worked closely with them designing some of the largest projects that we have manufactured grandstands for including ‘Theatre In The Park’ for Chichester Festival Theatre, ‘Apollo Live Immersive Show’ Pasadena U.S.A & Troubadour Theatre Wembley.
Contact Grandstand Systems Today
Get in touch with us today to start your project.